In this article discuss uses of lemon for the skin. Rich in many vitamins, the flesh of lemon and its juice are very popular in many dishes. On the other hand, the virtues of the skin of the lemon, often thrown away, remain mostly unknown. So, how to make the most of a lemon? We take stock of this ally beauty and health.
Lemon for the skin: benefits
Very common in our kitchens, lemon contains a set of medicinal substances that can act on both the body and the skin. We find in fact in the lemon flesh as well as its skin:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B9
- Minerals such as potassium, calcium and phosphorus
- Trace elements such as iron and copper
Thus, lemon is particularly appreciated for its properties:
- Anti-cancer: it intervenes in the destruction of possible cancer cells;
- In the proper functioning of the intestinal transit: the lemon reduces bloating, swelling, constipation as well as gases;
- Detoxifying: drinking lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water on an empty stomach in the morning helps to eliminate toxins;
- Disinfectants and astringents particularly appreciated for treating skin problems or lightening it.
Many users of lemon
Rich in the many active compounds mentioned above, there are many ways to take care of your skin with lemon. It is thus possible to:
- Tighten the pores, disinfect and degrease the skin of the face by applying cotton soaked in lemon juice on areas with pimples, acne or chapped skin ;
- Thinning the skin and hair by spraying the juice of a lemon mixed with the same amount of water, avoiding possible wounds or cuts;
- Brighten or reduce tooth stains by depositing lemon juice on the toothpaste when brushing teeth;
- Whiten nails by rubbing them directly on a lemon or dipping fingertips in lemon water for 30 minutes, 5 days in a row;
- Soften some parts of the body such as elbows or feet by rubbing them with a lemon;
- To make a natural exfoliation by mixing the juice of a lemon with two tablespoons of brown sugar and an egg white. This recipe aims to eliminate the dead skin of the face and to make all the radiance of the skin.